Saturday, January 7, 2012

The Craziest Year of My Life (so far): Memorable Moments

- Carrying a baby on my back in a capulana (a colorful multi-purpose cloth, more on this later)


- Reading a book out loud with my little sister


- The reappearance of my frisbee after I thought it was lost for good


- Cracking an egg into a pan and seeing a large fetus with bulging eyes pop out


- Defending, in Portuguese, the armpit as the most important body part (why? It maintains homeostasis and releases pheromones, of course)


- Cooking a delicious lemon zest cake with an improvised recipe and a dutch oven (a pot inside a pot with sand inside and heated over a charcoal stove)


- Climbing a mango tree and not having an allergic reaction to the bark


- Discovering that the house across the street from me bakes fresh bread every morning (now I just need to buy peanut butter) (explanation of blog title: pão = bread)


- Roasting freshly picked cashews (do you know what a cashew looks like as it is growing? I didn’t. Google it.)


- Having my first philosophical conversation in Portuguese

No comments:

Post a Comment