Sunday, August 12, 2012

One and a Two and a Three


The reason I joined the Peace Corps, and maybe even the meaning of life, has made itself clear to me, in the form of 12 simple hand movements and some wiggling in time to a tune.

I have successfully converted approximately 178 Nauelans into Macarena-lovers, only a few thousand to go.  I wish I could bring you images of the spectacle that took place at the school this past Friday, when 10 of my students and I donned ski masks, dresses, and nose glasses to dance our new favorite dance in front of the whole school. But alas, my camera in now in the hands of another owner, a relocation unathorized by me.

If all I leave with my dear adorable 8th graders is the image of their strange, foreign English teacher trying to shake her butt, this mission will not be a failed one.

No comments:

Post a Comment