Tuesday, June 19, 2012

This is the way we wash our clothes, so early in the morning

It’s true, though. I wash my clothes at 5 in the morning.

Here is my washing machine:


The first bucket holds soapy water, and then come two rinses, but by the end of the load, all three buckets are so soapy that your clothes will wash you when you put them on with the soap residue that’s in them. Scrub the clothes together for awhile, until you feel like they’re clean. This amount of time varies depending on how visibly dirty the clothes are, how many clothes you still have left to get through, and what time you have to be at your first class. Apparently, there is a correct way to wash clothes, but according to my host sister I just can’t get that scrubbing motion right. But I haven’t noticed anyone holding their nose when they come near me, and I can still tell the original color of all of my shirts, so I’m not too worried.

Here is my dryer:


The sun and wind dry clothes with considerable speed. But, make sure you washed all the dirt out of the butt of your pants, because when you hang them on the line, all the neighbors will be able to clearly see that you gave up half way through that large splotch of mud. How embarrassing!

1 comment:

  1. Use ammonia instead of regular soap, and the ammonia will evaporate out on the line. Works great and saves rinsing water. No soap residue in your clothes. Some cruising sailors taught me that.

    ReplyDelete