Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Chicken Soup for the Protein-Deprived Soul: Write-downable quotes that I've come across

“So many things I’ve never done, but oh, how I’ve been loved. And, if such things were to be, I’d live a thousand lives as me, to be loved so exponentially.” The Girls

“It was Aunt Lovey’s belief that all people led extraordinary lives, but just didn’t notice.”


“Today, like every day, roughly five thousand people on the face of the planet will experience one-chance-in-a-million things.” –Anansi Boys, Neil Gaiman

“Your laughter and tears make my life richer.” –Erik

“Keep putting on foot in front of the other, and voila! Mathematically, you must get there eventually.” –Dad

“The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes.” –Marcel Proust

“To be is to do” –Aristotles
“To do is to be” –Socrates
“Do be do be do” –Frank Sinatra (The Art of Teaching Adults, Peter Renner)

“Come, give us a taste of your quality.” –Shakespeare, Hamlet

“Who did you eat for lunch?” –my students, trying to learn interrogative words. I actually had to bite my tongue keep from cracking up.

“Can we come back tomorrow?” –a student who had come sit on my porch to learn some English outside of class

3 comments:

  1. wowwwwwwwwwww what vistas! what rocks! what quotes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. also, the 'words' I just had to type to publish my statement were 'erectot' and 'tneat'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those would be awesome Balderdash words. Does it count as a word if its sole purpose for existence is to trick non-humans, and not to actually mean anything? Here when I use the internet I have the pictures turned off because it takes up too many megabytes to load, so once when I had to type those words in, I couldn't see them. And then I learned that there's a thing you can click to hear the words spelled out loud, and it makes a lot of background noise so it's hard to decipher.

    ReplyDelete