Friday, November 29, 2013

Benefits of Nosy Neighbors #1

One day I went into the bathroom just like any other day. When I tried to leave again, I saw that something was wrong. The door latch, which is on the outside of the door for some reason (so you can play a prank on someone in the bathroom??), had slid over the hook when I closed the door. The door had locked itself, and the lock and I were on opposite sides of the door.

“SISINIA!” I bellowed through the crack in the door. Our houses sit facing each other, our porches separated by just ten feet of clay-dirt yard.

“WHAT IS IT?” Luckily Sisinia was standing outside her house.

“Come here! No, here! Inside the house! I’m here! Walk this way! Come to the bathroom door!” When I could see her through the cracks in the wood, I jiggled the door to show her my predicament.

She, like any good friend, burst out laughing.

“I am not going to let you out!”




Epilogue: She let me out. I was, after all, her sole provider of hot chocolate and tampons.

1 comment: