Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Dear Short Wave Radio,

Ever since I brought you home from the Bangladeshi store in Molocue, you have been a companion and a source of entertainment. You allowed me to bring the Macarena to Nauela, helped my kids study English, and provided tunes on rainy days, as long as it wasn’t too rainy that I couldn’t hear your voice over the hammering on the tin roof. You have been a mostly faithful friend, except those times when you went to stay with other people. But I forgive you, Short Wave Radio, because you always came back, eventually. I apologize for all the times I left you hungry and without batteries. You certainly have a good appetite, but it’s my pleasure to fill you up and turn your dial to on. I was so relieved you bounced back after my neighbor sat on you; it’s a good thing you’re a coward and put the flash drive at the front line of fire, to take all the damage instead of you. As I pass you on to a new owner, I wish you all the best for your future afternoons of static and another voice that sings only when it thinks no one can hear it. Don’t be jealous of itunes or youtube. To my cochlea, you are irreplaceable.

Love and gracenotes,
Steph

Short Wave Radio with flash drive

Short Wave Radio with antenna

Short Wave Radio with SD memory card

No comments:

Post a Comment