Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Skinny-Kicking

I love having little girls in addition to high schoolers on my soccer team, because nothing embarrasses them. While my teenagers are stretching the backs of their shirts down to cover their rear curves, my fourth graders are sprinting by with gaping holes on each buttcheek of their shorts, and worn-out shirts flapping all over the place.


The other day, one of my youngest players had forgotten her shorts, but no problem, she just got rid of her skirt and jumped into the game without a second thought. One minute later, her hand-me-down shirt – previously tied on – popped off, leaving her dancing around calling for the ball in just her underwear. Clothes-free and carefree.

3 comments:

  1. Haha. It's things like this that make you want to shout, "I LOVE MOZAMBIQUE!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you taught them how to say "Craaaaackle" in Portuguese!!!! Perhaps they'll all grow up to be plumbers...

    ReplyDelete
  3. A plumber would be a pretty useless profession here!

    ReplyDelete