Thursday, October 31, 2013

Para Que? (Mozambican commercial reference)

Cleanliness is very highly valued in Mozambican society (I’m probably seen as a slob because I only bathe once per day and I don’t iron my clothes). So if you want to make a better impression than me, iron your clothes. How do you iron clothes with no electricity? With an iron, of course!

Here’s your iron:


Just pull back the rooster to unlock it, lift the cover, and put your glowing embers inside. 


Lay out some sheets on a straw mat to serve as your ironing board. Wait a couple minutes for the coals to heat up your iron, and get rid of those wrinkles! Just be careful not to spill ashes on your clothes, or you'll have to start the whole clothes-washing process over again (see post "This is the way we wash our clothes").

No comments:

Post a Comment